Having a couple of days off work this week was a luxury that enabled me to do something I've been meaning to for ages. Behold my new baby cot quilt!
This was made using one and a half Moda charm packs and a gorgeous delft patterned cotton fabric on the back.
The wadding is a high loft one called Dream Puff and it is extremely light and floofy. I've also gone so far as to use the wadding doubled up in this quilt, just because I have a real soft spot for puffy, fat quilts. I know it's not to everyone's taste - I just have a nostalgic yen for the big, puffy eiderdowns of my childhood. My sewing machine seemed to cope ok with the extra puffiness on a cot sized quilt, but if I ever want to do a double bed one I think I'll have to try a quilt-as-you-go method.
I've got enough charm squares left to make a couple of little matching quilted pillow cases, which I'm dying to finish but I want to back them with the same blue fabric as the quilt and, alas, I didn't buy enough. So I have to wait for some more to arrive in the post before I can do the pillows. Tsk!
Thing 2 is going to be in a tiny co-sleeper crib for the first 6 months or so, so my plan is to use this as a floor quilt/play quilt until next winter, when she'll be old enough to move into a 'big girl' cot.
But here's how it looks when modelled on Thing 1's bed...
Sunday, 1 February 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the better articles I've read on embroidery digitizing. Looking forward to more content like this.
ReplyDelete