Sunday 30 January 2011

Knitting for closet goths

I've been a completatron this weekend! My first little project to share is a fun knit for my friend Morticia, who loves all things skull-related.



This reversible pot-holder is made from Amy Butler Belle Organic yarn. The pattern is called Deathflake and can be found as a free chart on Ravelry, for use with any sort of colour work or double-knitting.

Following my hogwarts bookscarf, I was in the mood for another double-knitting project, so I went with that option and edged the resulting pot-holder with bias binding. I like the fact that, on first glance, this looks rather twee and Cath Kidston-like, with the skull only becoming aparent on closer examination. (Its' perfect for Morticia, who is a member of her local subversive 'Buns 'n' Roses' WI group!)




Full details of yarn, pattern and needles on ravelry here

No comments:

Post a Comment